DUECK DEFENSE, INC. PRODUCTS
Dueck Defense, Inc. develops tactical and competitive weaponry sight systems for competitive, law enforcement and military tactical shooters. The innovative, ISO-certified products, including the Rapid Transition Sight™ and newly released Rapid Latch, provide the quickest transition possible from optical to offset iron sights while reducing reload time and shooter efficiency.
Dueck Defense, Inc. Rapid Transition Sights™ are the ultimate backup sight, designed to sharpen firearms performance while seamlessly mounting onto the rail of a standard rifle. The low-profile designs are easily mounted to the upper picatinny rail of an M4/M16 but at an offset of 45 degrees to avoid conflicting with the primary sight. These state-of-the-art sights are optimized for shooting close-up targets or as a backup sight and are available in right-hand or left-hand applications. All products are individually handcrafted with premium quality materials and Made in the USA.
Good sights are the biggest improvement you can make to improve your shooting performance with a pistol. I designed the DFR because I needed a no compromise sighting system for my own pistols that gave a competition perfect sight picture but, in a combat fighting sight.
I made the rear notch .145″ wide by .12″ deep giving a great balance, allowing for no loss in accuracy and still open enough to be very fast. The extra width and depth gives more feedback allowing you to accurately call your shots. The face of the rear sight is slightly canted rearward and matte black for a crisp sight picture and without any distracting serrations.
The front of the DFR has the Dueck Defense™ blended hook with a multi direction radius. Perfect for one hand racking of the slide but without the sharp edges common on other combat sights that catch on gear and can make you bleed during rapid slide manipulation.
The front sight has a slight angle to avoid catching on gear but still giving a crisp sight picture. Available in serrated, tritium and fiber optic to fit.
- CNC Machined in the USA from US Mill certified steel bar stock
- Black Nitrocarburized finish transforms the surface of the steel into a black super hard corrosion resistant layer that is highly rust and wear resistant even in salt water environments
- Fits all GLOCK dovetails
- Install with a sight pusher or soft face mallet. Minor fitting of the dovetail may be required
- knurl grip locking hex screw double secures the sight in the dovetail
- Rear sight sits .25″ above the top of the slide
- Notch is .145″ wide x .12″ deep
“I designed the RBU as a simple no gunsmithing sight base to eliminate lost dots when aiming. Just align the fixed iron sights and your red dot is visible. It’s simple and it works.”
- CNC Machined in the USA from US Mill certified bar stock
- Nitride coated giving a super hard matte black surface finish that is highly corrosion resistant even in salt water environments
- Uses factory rear sight dovetail. No modification to your gun
- Optimal mounting height to clear Suppressors
- Compatible with most open top and red dot tactical holsters
Practically Tactical Review of the RBU
Rear Rapid Transition Sight ™ (RTS-2)
Front Rapid Transition Sight ™ (RTS-1)
Dueck Defense, Inc. Rapid Transition Sight ™
- Ultimate backup sight, no batteries, never fogs!
- Ultra-durable: Machined from 7075 aluminum alloy bar stock, light-weight and twice the strength of 6061 T6 aluminum
- Half MOA elevation windage adjustments
- Mil-Spec Hard Anodized finish
- Same height above bore as standard M4/M16A4 sights
- Ambidextrous: right-handed and left-handed versions are available
- 45 degree offset
- Low-profile design will not interfere with primary optic, only rising 2/10th of an inch over picatinny rail
- Mounts directly to the top picatinny rail of your rifle
- No special tools required: only uses a flat head screw and can easily be done in the field
- Will never fog up
- Compatible with military IR Laser/Illuminators, front sight designed to clear beam path
- Manufacture is ISO9001:2000 Certified
- Dueck Defense RTS is Berry Amendment Compliant
- Trijicon and Fiber Optic installation available
- MADE IN THE USA
A: The Dueck Defense, Inc. Rapid Transition Sights™ were designed to be both quick and efficient whether in a 3-Gun shooting match or a tactical L Enforcement or Military application. The standard M4/M16 iron sight design is used due to the wide familiarity with the sight picture, which results in a shorter learning curve and better efficiency when in use. The RTS™ design allows for extremely quick transition.
A: Yes. The Dueck Defense, Inc. the RTS™ design allows for use ambidextrously, but we do offer both right and left-handed versions for your convenience. The RTS™ can be mounted on either side of the upper picatinny rail. The RTS™ front sight is identical when mounted on the left or right side of your rifle. The rear functions perfectly mounted left or right, even though it’s flipped around. We have many customers running them in the left-hand set up.
Some customers running the RTS™ left-handed prefer the aperture flipped so it sits the same way as in the right hand set up. Flipping the aperture around is an easy modification if you are mechanically inclined; however, Dueck Defense, Inc. does provide service to those who request to have the aperture pre-set upon ordering. Just note the requested alteration in the “comments” when ordering online.
A: Initially the sights were used for close range (less than 50 yards), but at the 2011 Blue Ridge 3-Gun Competition, Barry Dueck found that he was able to shoot tighter groups at 200 yards with the RTS™ than with a red dot. He won the Heavy Metal division using the red dot for close targets and the RTS™ for the 100+ yards targets. The RTS™ is very versatile.
A: You will have a good feel for the sights in just a few minutes practice.
A: Yes. The front sight needs to be mounted on the same plane as the rear parallel to those bore. If you want the sight mounted to the gas block, PRI mounts make an SE plane gas block which retails for $65.
A: There is no special torque needed for the RTS™ screws. Torqueing with 15-inch pounds would be perfect, but just tighten the screw until the sight base has no movement with the gun.