SureFire closed tine WARCOMP-556-CTN is neutrally ported to aid in recoil management. Compared to that of the open tine adapters, the WARCOMP-CTN for 5.56 caliber weapons mimics that of a traditional birdcage product along with being a rock solid mounting option for SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® products. The muzzle device also has wrench flats machined into the sides of the adapter for aid in installation. The closed tine option does not have as much flash reduction to that of the open tine adapter but still is very capable.
Out of stock
The advanced SureFire SFMB-556-1/2-28 muzzle brake, which fits M4 / M16 weapons and variants with 1/2-28 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise so that the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-556-1/2-28 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56 mm Fast-Attach® products, the SOCOM556-RC model having placed first in the most extensive and rigorous testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-556-1/2-28 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series products, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-556-1/2-28 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS:M4, M16 and variants wih 1/2-28 muzzle threads
MOUNTS:All SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56mm/.223 caliber sound eliminators
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach products and current-model muzzle brake/ adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach products.
- Offset porting delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, so the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series products
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR15 type weapons
|Caliber||5.56 mm (.223 caliber)|
- Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.